Images from the Newspaper
I chose this photograph because I thought it showed quite a good contrast from its actual content that the story had. The story is about Geale, a world class boxer who won a big fight over the weekend and had now come back to Australia to celebrate with those who he considers the most important people in his live. I also feel that the photo shows contrast in Geale, as a boxer he is tough and relentless but with his kids he is soft and caring.
The photographer has captured quite an intimate pose between Geale and one of his daughters and this helps to show the contrast that I mentioned earlier. The photographer has most likely used a standard lens with a focal length of about 50mm, this would have helped them capture Geale with his children. They most likely used flash evident by the blueish circle on the background.
I chose this image because I had recently heard it mentioned on the news and thought it would be an interesting story. The photograph shows Chief Minister of the ACT Jon Stanthorpe at his press meeting announcing that he would be resigning his position.
I feel that the photographer in this case would have used a slightly longer lens for this image, possibly between 50-100mm focal length and it could have possibly been taken with flash as the front of the subjects face is well lit.
I chose this photograph because of the emotion shown on the players face. I also enjoy looking at sports photography and the story accompanying it was quite interesting. The photograph shows Brett Stewart making a break in Manly’s victory over the struggling Raider’s team.
The photographer would have used a long lens so that they could capture the action from the sideline and they would have used a fast shutter speed, at least 1000/th of a second. They would not have used flash as the action would have been too far away for the flash to have any effect in the image.
Images
Canberra times image: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/raiders-continue-record-slide/2157912.aspx accessed 10/5/11
Sydney Morning Herald image: http://www.smh.com.au/national/act-chief-minister-resigns-20110509-1efvk.html#ixzz1LuHFTllq accessed 10/5/11
Sydney Telegraph image: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/boxing/kids-comes-first-for-new-ibf-world-champion-daniel-geale/story-e6freygr-1226053061672 accessed 10/5/11
Images
Canberra times image: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/raiders-continue-record-slide/2157912.aspx accessed 10/5/11
Sydney Morning Herald image: http://www.smh.com.au/national/act-chief-minister-resigns-20110509-1efvk.html#ixzz1LuHFTllq accessed 10/5/11
Sydney Telegraph image: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/boxing/kids-comes-first-for-new-ibf-world-champion-daniel-geale/story-e6freygr-1226053061672 accessed 10/5/11



No comments:
Post a Comment